This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Tossed with Italian herbs and olive oil, this easy pan-fried potato dish goes to be a brand new dinner favourite. Serve them for breakfast or alongside a hearty dinner!
You’ll be able to by no means go incorrect with serving potatoes as a aspect. Everybody loves them! Whether or not they’re scalloped, mashed, or roasted potatoes, your loved ones received’t be capable to get sufficient!
Potatoes in a Frying Pan Recipe
I like potatoes in each type. There are such a lot of methods to make them! (Discover my full record right here!) Though mashed and fried potatoes are at all times taking the highlight, pan-fried potatoes are extremely underrated and want their time to shine! These potatoes are tremendous simple to arrange and have probably the most wonderful taste and texture! They cook dinner to a wonderful golden brown and have a crispy pores and skin however comfortable, tender inside. Pan frying potatoes actually is likely one of the finest methods to make them!
These potatoes odor SOO good whenever you’re cooking them, it’s onerous to not style take a look at one or two. The earthy olive oil mixed with (one in all my all-time favourite taste mixtures) garlic rosemary is to die for! Actually, these pan-fried potatoes are good on their very own and even higher served with eggs and bacon for breakfast! Additionally they complement this ribeye steak completely! Nonetheless you select to finish your meal, pan-fried potatoes are among the best aspect dishes on the market. Your loved ones will love them.
Every little thing You Have to Make Them
Have an enormous bag of potatoes that must be used? This can be a nice technique to put together them! You solely want a number of different easy components to throw this unimaginable aspect dish collectively. Measurements for every ingredient might be discovered within the recipe card under.
- Potatoes: There isn’t a proper or incorrect sort of potato to make use of right here! I used Russet, also called Idaho potatoes! Yukon gold potatoes work nicely too, they only have much less starch content material and may have a barely totally different texture.
- Olive Oil: Provides a contemporary, earthy aroma and helps your potato slices cook dinner up properly. You’ll be able to substitute this with vegetable oil and even butter if you happen to’re wanting one thing extra wealthy in taste.
- Italian Seasoning: You should utilize prepackaged Italian seasoning or make your individual mix at house! That is my favourite mixture of herbs like thyme, basil, oregano, and marjoram.
- Garlic Powder: I imply, is there a greater mixture than potatoes and garlic? It provides the proper savory taste to every chunk!
- Rosemary: I like including rosemary to hearty dishes as a result of it offers them a refined minty aroma. Rosemary additionally pairs extremely nicely with the flavour of garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: Boosts the general taste of the potatoes! For those who’re searching for extra warmth, try my suggestions part under for extra spices you may throw in!
Make Pan Fried Potatoes
This tasty pan-fried potato dish solely has quarter-hour of cooking time and is stuffed with a lot taste! I like how simple it’s to arrange and make it on a regular basis for my household.
- Preheat Skillet, Prep Potatoes: First, preheat your skillet to medium-high warmth. Reduce potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix Elements: In a bowl add your potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Toss: Toss all the things to coat within the seasonings.
- Pan Fry: Add to your skillet and cook dinner for 15-20 minutes, or till tender and crispy. Prime with contemporary herbs as garnish and serve.
Ideas and Methods for Making Pan Fried Potatoes
Listed here are a number of recommendations on the right way to get steakhouse-worthy potatoes! They’re so comfortable, tender, and completely irresistible!
- Ought to I Soak Potatoes Earlier than Frying? That is solely as much as you! Soaking potatoes in chilly water removes extra starch and helps them turn out to be crispier. Nonetheless, every time I’ve made these, they’ve turned out good and crispy on the skin with out soaking.
- No Boiling Wanted: The potatoes on this recipe are minimize into sufficiently small items so that you don’t have to boil them beforehand. They’ll turn out to be good and tender simply cooked within the pan!
- Add Spice: For those who’re seeking to flip up the warmth a little bit bit, strive including a splash of smoked paprika or chili powder to your herb combination.
- Serve With: An excellent potato dish is at all times nice served with rooster, pork, or steak! You’ll need to strive these pan-fried potatoes with baked parmesan rooster, stuffed pork chops, and brown sugar garlic flank steak!
Though pan-fried potatoes are finest served contemporary, you may preserve them within the fridge for a number of days and revel in them later.
- Within the Fridge: To maintain your potatoes from drying out, retailer them in an hermetic container. Use inside 3 days.
- Reheating: I at all times wish to reheat my potatoes over the range on medium warmth in order that they preserve that scrumptious, crispy outer layer. You can too reheat them within the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 400 levels F.
Preheat your skillet to medium excessive warmth.
In a bowl add you potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Toss all the things to coat within the seasonings.
Add to your skillet and cook dinner for 15-20 minutes, or till tender and crispy.
Energy237kcal (12%)Carbohydrates40g (13%)Protein5g (10%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats5gSodium302mg (13%)Potassium916mg (26%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A25IU (1%)Vitamin C12mg (15%)Calcium50mg (5%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data is predicated on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.